UKATA Asbestos Awareness
Asbestos Awareness (UKATA Approved) – Overview
Asbestos awareness training is a mandatory requirement of the HSE for anyone that is likely to be exposed to Asbestos. Our practical and friendly approach helps to explain the dangers and consequences of asbestos as well as the procedures to follow if asbestos is found. The UKATA Approved Asbestos Awareness training programme counts for 4 hours certified CPD and can be either carried out at our centre in Huddersfield or at a time and place to suit your needs.
Book on a Course
To book on an open course running in Huddersfield on 8th November 2016 (£59) click here
Who will benefit from the course?
In-house and outsourced FM and estates staff from executives to operating staff.
Construction staff – especially those involved in renovation projects.
Anyone likely to become in contact with Asbestos
The course lasts for a half day (4 hours) and can be delivered at any suitable venue supplied by yourselves. We can provide private On-Site UKATA asbestos awareness training any where in England or Wales.
Objectives of the Course
Having attended this course, delegates will:
1. Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
2. Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings & where appropriate items of plant;
3. Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding;
– Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work;
– What to do if suspicious materials are found;
– How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos;
4. Be able to undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
5. Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation.
6. Understand procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACM’s and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
On completion of the programme, candidates will be required to pass a multiple choice test, before being issued with a UKATA certificate for Asbestos Awareness
Asbestos Awareness Prices
The cost of the training programme ranges from £45 to £70 per person, depending on the number of delegates
- Cost of tuition
- Copy of all training materials (hard or electronic)
- UKATA Certificate
For further details please contact us on 01484 971933