Emergency First Aid at Work
This level 2 award qualification permits members of staff to become First Aiders within the workplace and to meet the workplaces legal obligations. The course has been designed to give staff the knowledge and skills needed to deal with a range of emergency situations and to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt first aid in emergency situations.
A one day (6 hour) training session open for anyone to attend delivered at our training centre in Huddersfield.
Alternatively this qualification is available for delivery in-house – please contact Vaughan Minshull should you wish to discuss this option.
The course is suitable for anyone who has a specific responsibility at work or involved in voluntary or community activities to provide first aid when dealing with an emergency situation
By the end of the course learners will –
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is chocking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
The course will be assessed by a multiple choice examination taken straight after the course has been completed.
Successful candidates will receive an Association of First Aiders (AoFA) Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (QCF) which is valid for 3 years
The cost of the training programme is £140 per person
- Cost of tuition
- Lunch and refreshments
- Copy of all training materials (hard or electronic)
- Certificate of attendance for CPD purposes
- Successful candidates will receive an Association of First Aiders L2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Wok Certificate (QCF)