First Aid at Work (3 Days)
The First Aid at Work courses uses a practical approach combined with presentations and explanations by a qualified trainer to give delegates a comprehensive set of practical skills that are needed to become confident first aiders at work.
Certificates issued will be valid for three years and need to be renewed prior to the expiry date.
The course covers-
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Assessing an incident.
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is either breathing normally or not breathing normally
- Recognising and assisting a casualty who is choking.
- Managing a casualty with external bleeding, who is in shock or a minor injury
- How to conduct a secondary survey.
- Administering first aid to a casualty with either –
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- suspected chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- an eye injury
- sudden poisoning
- Identifying sources of information for treating those affected by sudden poisoning.
- Providing First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
The course is assessed by way of multiple choice examination undertaken at the end of the course.
The cost per delegate is £220
Please call 01484 971933 for available dates or we can arrange to train your staff at your own premises.