Level 1 Award in Construction Health & Safety (QCF)
This one day course is suitable for any individual (16 or over) wanting to work in the construction industry and those already employed in the industry seeking to renew their knowledge in this area.
Please note that as from 1st July 2014, any person wishing to apply for a CSCS Green Card or renew a previous Construction Site Operative (CSO) card will need to achieve this qualification (or similar) before applying for their card.
The course is designed to give candidates basic essential knowledge for health and safety on construction sites.. It covers the following areas –
- The principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- The importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
- The importance of working safely at height in the workplace.
- Risks to health within a construction environment.
- The importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
|Course Length||One day|
|Assessment method||Multiple choice exam|
|Ofqual Qualification Number||601/2322/9|
|Awarding body||GQA Ltd|